List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    RE: [Linux-ha-dev] User-space channel-bonding (TUN/TAP)
From:       "Kashif Shaikh" <kshaikh () consensys ! com>
Date:       2004-11-12 15:32:40

Oh there is one point I wasn't clear with -- I don't want to bind multiple
interfaces together at the MAC/Ethernet level -- we have applications that
use specific interfaces for special uses.  To illustrate this,  we have a
'private' network interface that is used for sensitive data(and no we can't
turn encryption on) talking to other back-end systems, and the 'public'
network interface for incoming client requests(NFS, Samba, etc).

So the idea is if both the private and public interfaces can route packets
to the other back-end systems, we should be able to create a bonding at the
IP-level. Thus my applications, can use both interfaces as one logical
interface, sending datagrams in round-robin fashion across all interfaces
for speed and HA.

Kashif