List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] CVS changes for people with write-permission on
From:       Sean Reifschneider <jafo () tummy ! com>
Date:       2004-10-27 23:50:58

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 04:12:01PM -0600, Alan Robertson wrote:
>>I don't think our proxy server allow the connection through port 666.

It's also available on port 6666, which others have found to go through
their firewall where 666 did not.

>>Is there a reason for this port number change?

The main reason is that there are so many zombies out there now that are
looking for open accounts via SSH on port 22.  Yes I can switch it so
that port 22 is open, and I will do that if port 666 is a problem, but
I'd prefer to have it on a non-WKS port.

Sean
--
 "I feel so insignificant...  Like people are laughing at me."
 "You--You ARE a clown..."  -- Bob Newhart