List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    RE: [Linux-ha-dev] Faster Node
From:       "Zou, Yixiong" <yixiong.zou () intel ! com>
Date:       2004-08-25 21:42:08

Agreed.  CIM would be better if it is available.  Unfortunately
it is not there yet.  Using HPI probably wouldn't gain us much
either.

Back to the design of the handler, you mentioned that it could be
done by a communication plugin.  Could you tell me more how this
works?  Seems to me that you have to load a communication plugin
as part of the heartbeat.

The way I image it being just like ipfail, when a trap event is
received, it will be invoked by the SNMP trap daemon.  And this
program will signon to the heartbeat daemon and notify heartbeat that a
node is dead.  What ipfail did essentially is sent out a "askresource"
message.  So if we can have something like that in the heartbeat,
everything should work out.  What do you think of that?

Yixiong Zou (yixiong.zou@intel.com)

(626) 443-0100

All views expressed in this email are those of the individual sender.