List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    [Linux-ha-dev] Proposal about how to progress with extensions to
From:       Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb () suse ! de>
Date:       2004-08-25 18:17:35

Hi Alan,

it's obvious that we'll need to do some extensions to the OCF RA API.

But instead of discussing them ahead of time on the OCF list (which may
slow down the beta, maybe) I propose that we discuss the changes
internally first and implement them first too. During the actual
implementation, we'll clarify quite a few issues (I'm sure of this), and
it'll mean we have a much better discussion point for the OCF list
(backed up by working code, which has so far always been an issue with
the OCF discussions...).

If the public review on the OCF list (ie, someone else who also
implements the spec) then brings changes, I'd rather implement them in
the next beta.

I think this is a more effective use of the OCF time and our own.

Does that make sense to you, as the OCF working group chair?

Anyone else? ;-)

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@suse.de>

--
High Availability & Clustering	   \\\  ///
SUSE Labs, Research and Development \honk/