List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    [Linux-ha-dev] stonith config and testing
From:       linux-ha () mattvenn ! net
Date:       2004-07-19 12:48:02

Hello list,

I've really not found hardly any info on configuring stonith with
heartbeat.

The config file seems to suggest there are 2 ways of doing it, either
with the stonith or the stonith_host directives. I only have 1 stonith
device, so I thought I would use this:

stonith apcmaster /etc/stonith.rc

>From the logs it looks like it is being checked by the heartbeat
processes.

Jul 19 13:35:52 database1 heartbeat[2699]: Successful login to APC
MasterSwitch.

But I don't get a status back or anything.

I want to test this now, but I don't know under what conditions
heartbeat will try and kill the other node. If I just stop heartbeat
it doesn't happen. Or, theres nothing in the logs to suggest that it
was tried.

Also, what arguments are given to stonith when a node needs to go
down? Is it just the hostname? In which case I need to label my power
outlets correctly, to match the hostnames given by the node
directives.

Thanks for any insight!

Matt

--
Try a thing you haven't done 3 times. Once to get over the fear of
doing it. Twice to learn how to do it. And a third time to figure