List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] can run on 64bit machine?
From:       Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb () suse ! de>
Date:       2004-02-17 14:18:59

On 2004-02-17T21:39:24,
   qqwl <qqwl@sina.com> said:

> >heartbeat works fine on 64bit architectures (s390x, ppc64, x86_64,
> >IA64).
> thanks.  if i install heartbeat on 64bit machine.i must recompile the
> source code or install with rpm packet directly?

Well, obviously you need a heartbeat rpm compiled for the 64bit
architecture you want to use. A ix86 binary will not work on IA64, and
an s390x one will not work on ppc64 ;-)

If you cannot find a binary RPM for the platform + distribution you are
using, you will have to compile from source, yes. As you don't tell us
which 64bit platform you have chosen, I can't comment on that.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@suse.de>

--
High Availability & Clustering	      \ ever tried. ever failed. no matter.
SUSE Labs			      | try again. fail again. fail better.