List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    RE: [Linux-ha-dev] Question about the "telecom/checkpointd/"
From:       "Soffen, Matthew" <msoffen () iso-ne ! com>
Date:       2004-01-29 14:56:59

There is an option.  For FreeBSD it is available as a port/package.  For
Solaris the software will just need to be added and built.

The only pain is :

getopt-1.1.3
    A getopt(1) replacement that supports GNU-style long options
    Long description | Package | Sources | Main Web Site
    Maintained by: sergei@FreeBSD.org
    Requires: expat-1.95.6_1, gettext-0.12.1, gmake-3.80_1,
libgnugetopt-1.2, libiconv-1.9.1_3

So to do long options on FreeBSD will require 4 additional packages (
gettext and gmake are already required ).

So I'll work it in as a "requirement" to the configure.in or would the BEST
solution be make it support both short/long options ? (i.e. -h, --help )

I'm not sure how to work this into Solaris yet.  I'll work on that next.

Matt Soffen - Lead Application Developer

http://www.iso-ne.com/

Boss  - "My boss says we need some eunuch programmers."
Dilbert- "I think he means UNIX and I already know UNIX."
Boss  - "Well, if the company nurse comes by, tell her I said
             never mind."
                                 - Dilbert -