List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] Membership question
From:       Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb () suse ! de>
Date:       2003-11-28 13:27:10

On 2003-11-28T15:50:33,
   "Zhu, Yi" <yi.zhu@intel.com> said:

> > I'm currently evaluating heartbeat, and am wondering if it supports
> > more than 2 nodes with the new CCM membership module. In
> > include/heartbeat.h MAXNODE == 100, so is this the hard limit? Or does
> > heartbeat only work with 2 members?
> Both heartbeat and ccm support more than 2 nodes.

Yes. CCM actually runs on ~100 nodes or so, I've personally tested it
with roughly 16 nodes and it was just fine.

> Linux-HA current only supports 2 nodes because the resource management
> part doesn't support more nodes. It will be solved after CRM is done
> in the near future (according to Alan).

Yes. With just one year delay ;), I'm pretty certain a prototype of CRM
will exist in March 2004, a 'simple' but useable version
(straightforward dependencies, might not yet scale well to larger
numbers of nodes) in June, and a reasonably powerful version end of
Q3/04.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@suse.de>

--
High Availability & Clustering	      \ ever tried. ever failed. no matter.
SUSE Labs			      | try again. fail again. fail better.