List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    [Linux-ha-dev] a simple question about service monitor
From:       "qi xiong" <qxiong () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2003-11-11 7:26:43

Hi Alan and Linux-HA community,
since currently heartbeat package only monitor node, rather individual
service, thus, I am planing to implement a monitor to check whether or not a
service is running well, for this purpose, the haresource will be like this:
node1 10.0.0.1 service1
node1 10.0.0.2 service2

In node1, there are totally two resource groups, each group has only one
service and its own virtul IP
The monitor will periodically check the availability of those services. If
monitor detect that one service ,eg. service1, fail, HA will force 10.0.0.1
with service1 move to node2. Thus,
10.0.0.1 service1 runs in node2
10.0.0.2 service2 runs in node1
my question is:
1. Can I implement this monitor to do the above funtion in conjunct with
current Linux HA?
2. If do, What kind of API/function in HA do  I need to call to update local
node status --
e.g. hold all resources or some resource? or notify heartbeat that 10.0.0.1
servce1 will be moved to mode2?

Thank you in advance!
Henry