List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] Gearing up for 1.0.4 release
From:       Alan Robertson <alanr () unix ! sh>
Date:       2003-09-25 14:25:10

Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 1.0.3 has been released almost exactly 3 months ago, and it is time for
> a new maintenance version in the STABLE series.
>
> In particular, Alan has fixed the most annoying bug in 1.0.3, but there
> have been some other buglets:
>
> * Mon Sep 22 2003  Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@suse.de> (see doc/AUTHORS file)
> + Version 1.0.4:
>   + Bugfix for heartbeat starting resources twice concurrently if
>     nice_failback was off.
>   + Bugfix for heartbeat not reloading correctly, but shutting down
>     instead.
>   + Bugfix for heartbeat not STONITH'ing the other node if it was found
>     dead on startup.
>   + Bugfix for messages getting lost if messages were sent in quick
>     succession. (Kurosawa Takahiro)
>   + Bugfix for reload not working.
>   + Bugfix for Filesystem resource checking for presence of filesystem
>     support before loading the module.
>   + BasicSanityCheck extended to cover more basic tests.
>   + Bugfix for findif not working correctly for CIDR netmasks.
>   + Minor bugfix for ldirectord recognizing new schedulers correctly and
>     timeout settings are now being honoured.
>
> Hopefully, no further fixes will have to be made before declaring this one the
> final 1.0.4.

Well... Here are a few of more which snuck in while we were testing this:

     + Enhanced the message giving a better explanation of how to set up node
	names properly when current node not found in the ha.cf file
     + Send a message to the cluster whenever we have a node which doesn't
	need STONITHing - even though it's gone down.  This fix needed
	by CCM, which is in turn needed by EVMS.
     + Enhanced the messages for missing ha.cf and missing haresources files
	explaining that sample config files are found in the documentation.

--
     Alan Robertson <alanr@unix.sh>

"Openness is the foundation and preservative of friendship...  Let me claim
from you at all times your undisguised opinions." - William Wilberforce