List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] screen shot?
From:       Horms <horms () verge ! net ! au>
Date:       2003-07-18 20:29:04

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 08:05:53PM +0000, Eric Bond wrote:
> Hello
> I want to get the screen shot of linux like when I type ifconfig, I want
> get that screen and put it to my MS word file.  How can I do that beside
> taking a photo using camero?

There are a variety of ways of doing this.

If it is just text you can copy it verbatim,
which is generally more efficient and easier
to manage than an image.

I you really want a screen shot then you
probably need to be running X. Try the import
tool that is part of imagemagick. It can
take a screen shot of an individual window - for
example a terminal with the output of ifconfig -
or the entire screen.

--
Horms