List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] ipfail + auto_failback patch
From:       Alan Robertson <alanr () unix ! sh>
Date:       2003-07-18 4:19:23

Alan Robertson wrote:
> Kevin Dwyer wrote:
>
>> Attached is my first real stab at supporting the new auto_failback
>> stuff under ipfail.  I wanted to put it out there so people can give it
>> a try and comment if they please.
>>
>> This will apply against HEAD.
>>
>> The way to configure this is to set auto_failback to "on" on both sides,
>> and give each side its own resource.  IPs work just fine.  Then,
>> obviously, ensure ipfail has its proper respawn directive.
>>
>> As always, expect to find problems, and be kind enough to post them.
>> This is by no means a polished product.

Looks like a good start.

One thing you might not be aware of -- there's now a much better way to tell
if things are stable.

If you call get_resources() and get "transition" as the result, then things
are still in flux.

If you get "all" or "local" or "foreign" or "none", then things are stable...

--
     Alan Robertson <alanr@unix.sh>

"Openness is the foundation and preservative of friendship...  Let me claim
from you at all times your undisguised opinions." - William Wilberforce