List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    [Linux-ha-dev] Releasing some of the foreign resources
From:       Ozan Eren Bilgen <mavi () gsu ! linux ! org ! tr>
Date:       2003-06-17 16:46:32

In the fallowing /etc/ha.d/haresources configuration:

node1 service1 service2
node2 service3
node1 service5 service6

if node2 has all the resources and releases the first foreign group
(service1 + service2) does he have:

- HB_ALL_RSC -> no, he released first block
- HB_LOCAL_RSC -> yes, but not only local
- HB_FOREIGN_RSC -> some?????
- HB_NO_RSC -> no, he has resources

What we can assign to his resource monitor variable? Can we say that he
just has local resources?

The same question with the worst situation:

If he can release service1 but if he cannot release service2, what we
have to do? We can try several times more, but if it changes nothing?
(This is a very common case while a unmount of an out-of-control disc.
For example, a CD-ROM may reject to be unmounted and says something
like"/dev/cdrom busy") If he cannot release, we cannot let the other one
to takeover this resource, isn't it? So, what we have to do?

I don't ask the same problem while takeovering resources, but it is a
problem to handle, I think.

Thanks in advance,
Ozan Eren Bilgen