List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    [Linux-ha-dev] Re: Beta 0.4.9g now available PLEASE TEST!
From:       Alan Robertson <alanr () unix ! sh>
Date:       2003-02-17 18:57:01

Alan Robertson wrote:

> > Hi folks,
> >
> > The new beta, FINAL BEFORE THE 1.0.1 release is now ready.
> >
> > It can be found in the "usual place":
> > http://linux-ha.org/download/
> >
> > The 390 version is not yet available.
> >

> > PLEASE TEST IT EXTENSIVELY.  Beat it up - UNMERCIFULLY!
> >

> > Enjoy!
>

> I suppose I could have prefaced this with:
> Sadists wanted...
>
> Or something like that ;-)
>
> The stable release tests should be completed by Monday, if I just leave
> them alone.
>
> So, if at all possible, please get us some testing results by Tuesday!
>
> We won't put out the stable release until we get enough reports on people running \
> this final beta for a few days - preferably some in production.

OK folks.  The automated tests passed with flying colors.

Next steps:

	- manual testing of split brain recovery

	- collection of final beta comments

	- incorporation of (minor, isolated) bug fixes

	- 500 iteration validation testing of minor bug fixes above

	- release 1.0.1 officially

I have the minor bug fixes provided so far.

STILL LOOKING FOR MORE USAGE COMMENTS!

	I'll start on the 500 iteration validation 0f 1.0.1 ASAP.

--
     Alan Robertson <alanr@unix.sh>

"Openness is the foundation and preservative of friendship....  Let me claim
from you at all times your undisguised opinions." - William Wilberforce