List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] PILS -- plugin loading in apphbd
From:       Alan Robertson <alanr () unix ! sh>
Date:       2003-01-31 0:18:19

Brugger, Andrea L wrote:
> It seems there isn't a mechanism to keep a plugin from being loaded more
> than once.  I would think that once a plug-in is loaded, there would be no
> reason to have the same chunk of code loaded again.
> For those of you familiar with PILS, does this sound right to you? I am not
> sure how to tell if loading the plugin again causes the previously loaded
> plugin to unload or what it might be doing.  I don't get any errors when I
> load the same plugin repeatedly and it appears to load successfully.

PILS keeps reference counts on the plugins, so that it shouldn't load a
plugin twice (provided you don't do weird things).  Libtool *also* keeps a
plugin reference count.  So, you should be OK...

> I am also having trouble viewing the log info from using
> imports->log(PIL_INFO, ...) *after* the plug-in is loaded.  Once it gets
> past the initialization function I can't seem to find where the log messages
> are going (they are not going to the console or to /var/log/messages where
> the rest of apphbd messages are going).  My debug level is set to 2 in the
> plugin library.
>
> If you are familiar with this and might have some suggestions, I am very
> eager to hear them...

Ram ran into this, but I don't recall the solution.  I think it meant
configuring the glib logging (which is under this) correctly.  I think there
is code in apphbd to set that up right...

So, I'm a little confused...  Where is this happening exactly...

Sorry for the late response.  Maybe you have this fixed?

--
     Alan Robertson <alanr@unix.sh>

"Openness is the foundation and preservative of friendship....  Let me claim
from you at all times your undisguised opinions." - William Wilberforce