List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] ipfail needs to notice dead ping nodes at startup.
From:       Nathan Wallwork <owen () pungent ! org>
Date:       2002-12-16 18:27:19

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Kevin Dwyer wrote:
> Nathan Wallwork <owen@pungent.org> wrote:
> > I'm still seeing both nodes take the resources.
>
> er.. I hadn't noticed that because I had removed the iptables rules at
> some point to work on the normal situations.
>
> ::Smacks self::
>
> Well, it's Monday, so it can only get better.  ;)

Yeah, there's certainly room for improvement.

I'm seeing the
	t=resource
	rsc_hold=local
	isstable=1
message before the arps, and no good candidate messages after
the arps to use instead.  All I see after the arps are status
messages.

My reading of the situation is that the isstable=1 message is
premature, because reacting to it immediately by requesting that
the node go into standby [when it is still acquiring resources
but claiming to be stable] causes things to go badly.