List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: Rep:[Linux-ha-dev] Re: Using RAID1 SCSI disks with heartbeat
From:       Alan Robertson <alanr () unix ! sh>
Date:       2002-11-27 16:56:36

samuel sg wrote:
> Hi all.
> I've make a similar configuration working, with LVM (vgexport/vgimport
> commands).
> It works fine, but without STONITH, it's really too dangerous. On
> Solaris machines, I use a "SCSI reservation" program, launched after a
> STONITH command, to  limit the risks. But for Linux, I haven't be able
> to make it work (the SCSI reservation).

STONITH is technically sufficient - but won't protect against administrators
who don't think.

You might look at the LinuxSCSI resource.  Then when you give up a resource,
at least the admin can't *easily* access the disk.

But, if a node has held the resource, it provides no extra protection, so
you might want to do a LinuxSCSI stop in your startup scripts somewhere
before starting heartbeat.

--
     Alan Robertson <alanr@unix.sh>

"Openness is the foundation and preservative of friendship....  Let me claim
from you at all times your undisguised opinions." - William Wilberforce