List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] WG: OpenBSD trouble
From:       Alan Robertson <alanr () unix ! sh>
Date:       2002-05-31 19:16:53

Sascha wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we are trying to get heartbeat running on an
> OpenBSD 3.1 box and run into trouble!
>
> We are using the newest CVS-Version (31.05.2002)
> and the configure doesnīt make any problems.
> When we "gmake" the sources it stops with the
> following error:
>
> ar: no archive members specified ...
>
> I have seen the same problem in this list about
> half a year ago, but I havenīt found any solutions!
>
> Any idea whatīs wrong or has anybody heartbeat running
> on an openBSD box?

This sounds like the error I ran into ~ a year ago.  AFAIK, it's not
heartbeat that's the problem.  It's either the gcc/ld tool chain on openBSD
or the version of libtool that's involved.  I'd suggest asking either an
openBSD expert or a libtool expert (probably the latter).

	-- Alan Robertson
	   alanr@unix.sh