List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] Standby complains and does nothing
From:       Alan Robertson <alanr () unix ! sh>
Date:       2002-02-14 21:32:59

Maurice Volaski wrote:

> It wasn't entirely clear from which computer (primary or failover),
> hb_standby is supposed to be executed on, but it didn't seem to make
> any difference...
>
> thewarehouse1 heartbeat[912]: ERROR: standby message [me] from
> thewarehouse2 ignored.  Other side is in flux
>
> They both have the same complaint with the names reversed. Needless
> to say, nothing happens other than the message.
>
> This happens in version 0.40a.

I assume you mean 0.4.9a.

This should be a transient condition which goes away in a few seconds.

Basically you can't ask things to go into standby while it's figuring out
which machine has which resources.

If it lasts a few minutes, that's a problem that I didn't see in testing.

	-- Alan Robertson
	   alanr@unix.sh