List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    [Linux-ha-dev] Problem when libstonith should be static and not static
From:       Michael Moerz <aon.912411198 () aon ! at>
Date:       2001-10-31 13:33:15

Hi!

Currently I am putting a new heartbeat .deb package together (again) and
I figured out that when I compiled everything out of the box that
libstonith.so got linked static. Digging deeper I discovered that ld is
invoked with -shared, but that doesn't work as long as the libraries that
the linked library is dependent on aren't supplied too. Therefore I added
a -ldl and now everything is fine.

I am just curious if there are other people out there having static
libstoniths too ( to see if that is the case just invoke ldd libstonith.so
and it will tell you ).

--
kind regards,
Michael Moerz

pub  1024D/B651C436 2000-09-17 Michael Moerz <e9625136@stud3.tuwien.ac.at>
     Key fingerprint = 55DB 2F1A BF45 DBAB F542  4128 2173 8753 B651 C436
http://idc19.itm.tuwien.ac.at/~mike/private/mike.public.gpg.key