List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] Help wanted: someone to test new stable release based
From:       Alan Robertson <alanr () unix ! sh>
Date:       2001-09-27 13:42:10

"Pawul, Rudy" wrote:

> Alan.
>
> I'll be happy to do some testing on a new version, but I can't justify a 3
> machine
> setup. Is a 2-node test useful for you?

You need two nodes in the cluster and a third machine (could be your desktop
machine) to control the tests.  The only key is that it has to run Linux and
stay up for the entire test time.  It doesn't work too hard or anything, but
a third machine is required to run the tests and examine the results.

Or, if you just want to test the cluster partitioning recovery, then you
don't need a third machine, because that testing is completely manual ;-)

	-- Alan Robertson
	   alanr@unix.sh