List:       linux-ha
Subject:    re: resources does not come up
From:       Stegbauer Thomas <tsmailing () tronicplanet ! de>
Date:       2000-05-02 12:31:52

hello,

> > > i am playing with heartbeat 0.4.7 on a suse 6.3 box.

> > > but both doesnt come up with heartbeat. both services complain about an
not
> > existing ip
> > > address to bind. which should be created by heartbeat formerly.
> > >
> > > filesystems are mounted, but oracle and apache complain:
> > >  can not bind socket.
> > >
> > > if i do everything manually it works, so my scripts should be ok.
> > >
> > > what make i wrong?
> >
> > OK.  The first thing you need to know is that the resource scripts run
> > from right to left.  This means that if you list your IP address
> first,
> > then it won't be enabled until after your other scripts run.  This is
> > probably wrong, but that's how it is in version 0.4.7.
>
> that was it, but in the documented haresources it is noticed in the way:
>
> node	ip-address	resource
>
> but if i turn it around, it works,
> thanx.
> should i send anybody an updated file for documentation? or is this
> changed in
> 0.4.7a?

now hapens the funny thing, i can start all the services, but
if i stop heartbeat, it says:

heartbeat: 2000/05/02_14:17:33 info: Heartbeat shutdown in progress.
heartbeat: 2000/05/02_14:17:33 info: Giving up all HA resources.
heartbeat: 2000/05/02_14:17:33 info: All HA resources relinquished.
heartbeat: 2000/05/02_14:17:33 info: Heartbeat shutdown complete.

but the resource-scripts get not executed.
so the ip address stays alive, the filesystem is mounted, the
service is still running.

this wasnt while having haresources in the old way:
node ip service

any ideas?

thomas

This mail sent through IMP: webmail.tronicplanet.de

Linux HA Web Site:
  http://linux-ha.org/
Linux HA HOWTO:
  http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/ALPHA/linux-ha/High-Availability-HOWTO.html