List:       linux-ha
Subject:    Re: [Linux-HA] heartbeat failover
From:       Arnold Krille <arnold () arnoldarts ! de>
Date:       2014-01-25 0:46:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thu, 23 Jan 2014 16:45:04 +0000 <Bjoern.Becker@easycash.de> wrote:
> Uhhh..I got the same configuration as the example config you sent me
> now. But I cause high cpu load on our cisco asa firewall..
>=20
> I guess this traffic is not normal?
<snip>

When you want your cluster to repair failures _fast_, the components
have to sync their state _fast_. So they have to talk a lot, not in
terms of megabytes but in terms of small packages with low latency in
submission.

So, yes that traffic is normal. Why is there a firewall between your
nodes on the network where the cluster traffic happens?

Have fun,

Arnold