List:       linux-ha
Subject:    Re: [Linux-HA] manage/umanage
From:       Arnold Krille <arnold () arnoldarts ! de>
Date:       2013-03-26 22:13:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 16:25:54 +0100 Moullé Alain <alain.moulle@bull.net> wrote:
> I've tested two things :
>
> 1/ if we set maintenance-mode=true :
>
>      all the configured ressources become 'unmanaged' , as displayed
> with crm_mon
>      ok start stop are no more accepted
>      and it seems that ressources are no more monitored any more by
> pacemaker

Probably maintainance-mode also tells the cluster-manager to completely
stop monitoring.

> 2/ if we target only one resource via the crm resource umanage
> <resname> :
>
>      it is also displayed unmanage with crm_mon
>      ok start stop are no more accepted
>      BUT pacemaker always monitors the resource
>
> Is there a reason for this difference ?

Its un-managed, not un-monitored ;-)
Actually this is not a problem, it will monitor as long as the service
is up. As the first monitor-action fails, the resource is marked as
"failed" and no more monitor action is run. Until you explicitely ask
for it with "cleanup <resource>" or "reprobe <node>".

Have fun,

Arnold