List:       linux-ha
Subject:    Re: [Linux-HA] HA samba?
From:       Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk () bmrb ! wisc ! edu>
Date:       2012-04-30 22:42:53

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On 04/30/2012 05:04 PM, Seth Galitzer wrote:
> This was a bit trickier to get worked out, but I have made some
> progress.  It turns out just putting the metadata on a shared disk
> resource and symlinking wasn't quite enough.  nmbd (the netbios
> management daemon that samba uses) complained that the symlink to its
> working directory wasn't a real directory.

Why not use your AD controller (or whatever they call it) to be browse
master and netbios name server?

> The other new oddity is that after I've put the primary into standby and
> everything has failed over to the secondary, as soon as I bring the
> primary back online, the resources try to switch back, i.e. they don't
> stay on the secondary (new primary) as expected.

As I recall clusters from scratch have a paragraph on that. (Basically,
it's configurable, it may be desirable if e.g. you're using a
low-powered back-up node.)

(I can't be more specific because I'm using "R1" configs here, not crm.)

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin