List:       linux-ha
Subject:    Re: [Linux-HA] Antw: Re:  problem with nfs and exportfs failover
From:       alain.moulle () bull ! net
Date:       2012-04-17 7:10:04

Hi =

Another purpose to set the start/stop of nfsserver in Pacemaker is to be =

able to monitor the nfs services periodically
and take automatically the failover decision/actions in case of problem on =

the nfs services (failover of exportfs, failover of =

virtual IP, etc.)

About lock migration, as far as I know and try, there is no possibility to =

manage nfs locks
migration with v3 clients, my conclusion after experiencing a few months =

ago was that
lock migration can't be managed in a HA NFS active/active configuration =

(meaning with a nfs server on each node) , =

but only in a active/passive configuration, or perhaps with exclusively =

NFS v4 clients ? =

(but I have not yet tried this exclusively v4 configuration)
But perhaps somebody has other experiences and conclusions about HA NFS =

... ?

Regards
Alain =