List:       linux-ha
Subject:    Re: [Linux-HA] SuSe and heartbeat
From:       Tim Serong <tserong () suse ! com>
Date:       2011-09-26 7:26:29

On 23/09/11 21:46, Dave wrote:
> Hello,
>   I've been struggling for a day now trying to get my heartbeat
> configuration running on SuSe. I use a very simple setup purely for
> having a virtual IP on two servers, that floats between them.
>
> My ha.cf --
>
> keepalive
> deadtime 5
> udpport 694
> bcast eth0
> logfacility local0
> node linux
>
> My haresources --
>
> linux 192.168.0.11
>

> My intention is that "192.168.0.11" should bind and float between two
> devices - at the moment I only had the one setup with the hostname
> "linux". I'm used to this configuration working fine, but when I start
> heartbeat I'm getting --
>
> Sep 23 13:41:02 linux ResourceManager[25855]: ERROR: Cannot locate
> resource script IPaddr
>
> Sounds simple enough, I just need to locate that. It is installed by
> SuSe in /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/. However, heartbeat never
> finds it. It seems like "shellfuncs" in /etc/init.d should direct it
> there as it does have this --
>
> : ${OCF_AGENTS:=/usr/lib/ocf/resource.d//heartbeat/}
>
> If I copy the whole directory to /etc/ha.d/resource.d it then does
> find it; however the script constantly dies for one reason or another.
>
> What am I doing wrong here?

At one time or another, heartbeat on openSUSE (apparently erroneously)
did not include the resource agents in /etc/ha.d/resource.d.  If you
want to continue to use heartbeat like that (in v1/haresources mode),
try installing the latest version from the network:ha-clustering repo on
OBS:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/ha-clustering/

There should be builds for openSUSE 11.3, 11.4 and Tumbleweed.

That being said, I would strongly encourage you to switch to
corosync+pacemaker instead of heartbeat because:

1) Nobody is maintaining heartbeat on openSUSE.  It will not be present
    in the next version (openSUSE 12.1), unless a maintainer steps up
    and gets it reinstated.

2) Pacemaker as shipped/built with openSUSE doesn't build with heartbeat
    support, and hasn't done so for quite some time (at least 1-2 years).

3)
http://theclusterguy.clusterlabs.org/post/178680309/configuring-heartbeat-v1-was-so-simple

Regards,

Tim