List:       linux-ha
Subject:    Re: [Linux-HA] Exactly how broken is the heartbeat apache OCF	resource
From:       Nick <nick () mobilia ! it>
Date:       2008-07-31 8:32:05

Nick ha scritto:
> Dejan Muhamedagic ha scritto:
>> Hi,

>>> Yeah, status responds on any of the real or virtual IP's subnets on
>>> the server as well as localhost.
>>>
>>> Managed to fix the first part (small oversight, late night), but it
>>> still doesn't want to think about promoting or demoting.
>>>
>>> # ocf-tester -n apache2 -o configfile=/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf -o
>>> httpd=/usr/sbin/httpd /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/apache
>>> Beginning tests for /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/apache...
>>> * rc=2: The notify action cannot fail and must return 0
>>> * rc=2: Demoting a start resource should not fail
>>> * rc=2: Promote failed
>>> * rc=2: Demote failed
>>> Aborting tests
>>
>> This is expected because apache doesn't support notify or
>> promote/demote. Still, apache should exit with
>> OCF_ERR_UNIMPLEMENTED and that's why ocf-tester complains. It
>> won't influence the operation of the cluster, but if you feel
>> like you can apply this fix:
>>
>> http://hg.linux-ha.org/dev/rev/aaba921b100c
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Dejan
>

> Excuse my ignorance, but I should replace my apache file in the
> heartbeat directory with this:
>
> http://hg.linux-ha.org/dev/file/aaba921b100c/resources/OCF/apache
>
> correct?

I replaced it with that, and thank you, that functions much, much better.

# ocf-tester -n apache2 -o configfile=/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
/usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/apache
Beginning tests for /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/apache...
* Your agent does not support the notify action (optional)
* Your agent does not support the demote action (optional)
* Your agent does not support the promote action (optional)
* Your agent does not support master/slave (optional)
* Your agent does not support the reload action (optional)
/usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/apache passed all tests