List:       linux-ha
Subject:    Re: [Linux-HA] constraints or groups
From:       Dominik Klein <dk () in-telegence ! net>
Date:       2008-07-31 6:21:09

Maddin HA wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> we have a small discussion at our workplace where we talk about using a lot
> of constraints (coloc's, orders) or simply using groups for combined
> resources.
>
> Now I wanna ask the ha-geeks :)
>
> What is in your opinion the better way? Groups or constraints?
>
> Cheers maddin

Groups are just a syntax shortcut. They work the same way as properly
ordered and colocated resources. Debugging messed up constraints with a
growing number of resources can be a pain so having to debug less
configuration lines (use groups) is my way to go.

One limitation though: Groups may only contain primitives.

Regards
Dominik