List:       linux-ha
Subject:    Re: [Linux-HA] Resource monitoring not working
From:       "Shashank Joshi" <shashyajoshi () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-10-26 15:04:07

Hi Lars,

Thanks for your help.

I had tried activating monitoring this morning. Although it used to
monitor the service, it never used to start the "named" service when
it was not running. Logs revealed that, heartbeat first tries to stop
the failed resource and then start it. This particular "named" init
script was returning 1 when tried to stop a already stopped service.
It should return 0 as per LSB standard. I fixed the "named" init
script, it's working as expected since then.

Regards,
Shashank