List:       linux-ha
Subject:    Re: [Linux-HA] heartbeat with static and virtualip address
From:       gg gg234 <ggs234 () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2005-11-24 8:58:23

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.I am sending my network diagram as attached.

In this diagram you can see two real servers with 1 physical ipaddress and
2 virtual ipaddresses.

 Now we want acheive highavailability and load balancing using ultramonkey
in debian sarge.We are running webserver and FTP server in our present
real servers.

Now I will explain my question.In our real servers presently we have

eth0:- 195.12.64.x(physical network card IP)  --- Hosting
wwww.domain1.com and sone virtual hosts also

eth0:100:-195.12.64.X(Virual ipaddress we have  added for hosting
websites) --- Hosting wwww.domain2.com

eth0:101:-195.12.64.X(another VIP)--- Hosting wwww.domain3.com

Using ultramonkey we will advertise external virtual ip to end
users.Now my question is

if a user requests www.domain1.com,www.domain2.com and www.domain3.com
[domain2 and domain3 are hosted in Virtual
ipaddresses].As my understanding domain one will receive without any
problem from director decision making and regarding domai2,domain3
also will work in same way or How does it works?.It will work or not
for domain2,domain3

 If i am wrong please correct me with right direction How to achive
this project with HTTP and FTP servers
highavailability and load balancing

I am really stuck with this point to start my project and i need to
explain this to my bosses

Thanks for your help

Cheers

On 24/11/05, Guochun Shi <gshi@ncsa.uiuc.edu> wrote:
> Virtual IP is the IP address clients know and they will connect to that I=
P.

> You should put virtual IP as the cluster resource so that it can be
> started by other nodes if the original node hosting it is down
>
> -Guochun
>

> gg gg234 wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> > Currently we have 2 webservers with following network cards
> >
> >eth0 , eth2:100 (virtual ip)
> >
> >This virual ip is using for hosting websites.Now we are planning to
> >implement ultramonkey.
> >
> >As i read the documentation of heartbeat.Heartbeat "ha.cf file to
> >configure two nodes connected by ethernet (eth0) and (eth1)"
> >
> >I am using a virtual ips also in my webservers.Hearbeat will support
> >virtual ipaddresses or not.If a request comes
> >to staticip,virtual ip of my webservers how heartbeat will send the
> >exact destination address.
> >
> >I am confused with this concept and virualip addresses
> >
> >Please some one help me with this.

["Diagram.jpg" (image/jpeg)]