List:       linux-ha
Subject:    Re: [Linux-HA] libcrypto.so.0.9.7 not found
From:       Horms <horms () verge ! net ! au>
Date:       2005-08-30 3:43:35

On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 11:28:45AM +0800, Hanny Tidore wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to install Linux HA 2.0 on RHEL 3.0 and I got the following error:
>  libcrypto.so.0.9.7 is needed by heartbeat-2.0.0-1
>  When I do " whereis libcrypto.so.0.9.7", I got the following:
> libcrypto.so.0.9: /lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.7a /lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6b
>  I have even created a symlink for libcrypto.so.0.9.7 and it did not work.
>
> Did I miss any package ?

You have a different version of libcrypto than the environment
that the Linux HA 2.0 was built on. You will need to
recompile the package in order for it to be fully-functional.

Alternatively, as libcrypto is actually only used by a very small
portion of Linux HA 2.0 - the dracs module - you could
try installing with rpm --no-deps. This would mean the
dracs module would not work, but the rest of the system might.

On the other hand, wouldn't be using a binary compiled
for SuSE on a RHEL system, I'm not sure how well that
works in practice.

--
Horms