List:       linux-ha
Subject:    Re: [Linux-HA] problem with hb 1.2.2 on 2.6.12.3
From:       Alan Robertson <alanr () unix ! sh>
Date:       2005-08-27 19:27:01

David Lang wrote:
> I'm having problems getting heartbeat to start on a debian 3.0 system
> (heartbeat 1.2.2-1) with a 2.6.12.3 kernel. during the startup it logs
>
> heartbeat: 2005/08/16_18:43:00 ERROR: Exiting HBFIFO process 1094 killed
> by signal 11.
> heartbeat: 2005/08/16_18:43:00 ERROR: Core heartbeat process died!
> Restarting.

This has been reported before.

No one has gotten us a sane stack traceback from the code.

The HBFIFO code is VERY VERY simple.  It hasn't changed.  Read a packet
from the FIFO, write it to a message queue.

It only crashes on certain 2.6 kernels - and on no other platform - not
on FreeBSD, not on any other kernels.

I kind of doubt that this is our bug.  Of course, it still needs fixing.

But, if it's our problem, we need a stack traceback from the process in
question.

Does this happen with 2.0.0?

--
     Alan Robertson <alanr@unix.sh>