List:       linux-ha
Subject:    Re: [Linux-HA] Configuring Failover cluster with RedHat 7.3 and RedHat
From:       Sanjay Darisi <sanjay () mxinc ! com>
Date:       2005-02-24 16:40:21

Alan Robertson wrote:

> ANUJ MEHROTRA wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>>   I have a task with me to configure a Failover
>> Cluster of Gateways with two Linux nodes, one having
>> RedHat 7.3  and other having RedHat 9.0, so can I use
>> the heartbeat package for corresponding Linux version,
>> is it possible, if yes can u plz suggest me the points
>> to keep in mind,
>

> You should be able to get this to work fine - as long as you can live
> with 2-node clusters.

Yeah you can. Just to let you know, if you are building from source use
./configure instead of ./ConfigureMe configure as documented. I've built
a two-node cluster (failover) for a email server and it works fine so
far. Great software... By the way, if you want to synchronize any
data/drive, you can use DRBD.