List:       linux-ha
Subject:    [Linux-HA] Looking for web site help (no HTML/webmaster experience
From:       Alan Robertson <alanr () unix ! sh>
Date:       2004-03-26 18:24:23

Hi,

We're currently in the process ofrestructuring our web site and moving it
over to a completely new wiki-based mechanism for maintaining the content.

This would make the web site a community effort, and would update the look
and make creating content much simpler.

We've moved a lot of the content over to the new format, but it's not done yet.

I'm looking for some help in getting the last major pieces of content moved
over.

The areas I know need work are:
	success stories
	commercial page
	links in the new "press room" area need to be restored
	todo list

There is now a tool for converting existing web pages into the new format.

But, in the case of the todo list and the success stories, we're also
restructuring the way the information is organized.  I've started that
process for the success stories, but not for the todo list.

These two areas will be done by including a separate page for each item,
and a master page which includes these content pages.  In the success
stories case, we'll have a couple of views - one by industry, and one by
application (like apache, databases, etc.)

When it's completed, it will move over to http://linux-ha.org/

But, for now the content can viewed and modified at this site:
	http://wiki.trick.ca/linux-ha/
And viewed in a pretty, more conventional web site here:
	http://linuxha.trick.ca/

There is an effort to create more documentation at the site, which you can
find by going to the ConfiguringHeartbeat page, and following the various
links to pieces of this effort.

Rules for this work:

	Please log in to the system before changing content.

	Please be gentle with existing content, and respect the intent
	of the original author of a page.  Treat it as though you're fixing
	a bug in someone else's code.

	Annotate new pages you create with your name, so we know who owns
	the copyright on your pages.

	Read the WikiTricks page.

--
     Alan Robertson <alanr@unix.sh>

"Openness is the foundation and preservative of friendship...  Let me claim
from you at all times your undisguised opinions." - William Wilberforce