List:       linux-ha
Subject:    [Linux-HA] Re: active/active
From:       Kevin Dwyer <kevin () pheared ! net>
Date:       2003-07-23 21:31:42

Digging up an old thread,

Quoting Alan Robertson <alanr@unix.sh>:

> This is pretty close to being there in CVS now.  The heartbeat part is done,
> but the ipfail part isn't yet done.  But, I don't think it's that difficult.

Quenten, I sent a patch to the linux-ha-dev list a few days ago which you can
retrieve here: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-ha-dev&m=105847642325431&q=p5
(Side note: I mislabled the MIME type, but rest assured that it is text/plain)

This only applies to the development code, and I realize that this is the user
(i.e.: non-devel) list, but if you have the chance, I'd love to get your
feedback on whether it works for you.  This is also a request for other
potential testers who need active/active functionality in combination with ipfail.

In order to use it, you should check out a copy of the current CVS code and
apply the patch with the 'patch' command.  Something like:

    patch -p0 < ipfail-auto_failback-1.patch

from the linux-ha/contrib/ipfail/ directory would do it I think.  I haven't
tried, but this should also apply cleanly to the beta 1.1.2 release, as I don't
think the ipfail code has changed in CVS since then.

Feedback is very much welcomed.  Thanks.