List:       linux-ha
Subject:    Re: kernel compile with ipvs support suse 2.4.19
From:       Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb () suse ! de>
Date:       2003-05-26 11:05:40

On 2003-05-26T12:28:27,
   Markus Markert <mma@suchtreffer.de> said:

> i want the ipvs kernel support for my suse 2.4.19 kernel.
> i have downloaded the ipvs-1.0.9.tar.gz. after that i did the following:

Forget it ;-) Our kernel is rather heavily patched and actually includes
a rather recent version of IPVS already. (1.0.6, if I'm not mistaken)

You won't have much luck patching a 1.0.9 version on top of it;
depending on your ambitions, un-applying the 1.0.6 version and
re-applying the 1.0.9 version might work. It might be simpler to use an
incremental diff from 1.0.6 to 1.0.9 and just apply the incremental diff
on top of the SuSE kernel, though.

In any case, hand merging will be necessary.

Which SuSE 2.4.19 are you using? SL8.2, SLES8 or something different?

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@suse.de>

--
SuSE Labs - Research & Development, SuSE Linux AG

"If anything can go wrong, it will." "Chance favors the prepared (mind)."
  -- Capt. Edward A. Murphy            -- Louis Pasteur