List:       linux-ha
Subject:    Re: online disk replicator [odr]
From:       matthew () sackman ! co ! uk (Matthew Sackman)
Date:       2002-02-23 12:38:10

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 03:45:36PM -0600, Dan Yocum wrote:
> Gah! I meant to send this to the list, not just Alan....
>
> Alan Robertson wrote:
> >
> > Ravi Wijayaratne wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi ,
> > >
> > > What is the status of the online disk replicator
> > > [odr-v2 draft]. All I have right now is a copy of the
> > > draft proposal dated 2000-04-03 by Jerome Etienne.
> >
> > I haven't heard from Jerome on this since his initial proposal.
> >
> > AFAIK, DRBD is your best choice for now.
>

> OT, but since it was brought up - has anyone tried enbd with software RAID5
> and GFS.  Sort of a fault tolerant PVFS....

I've tried it but can't get it to work under high load. I suspect it's the
realtek based chipset NICs which apparently have a mishmash of PIO and DMA.
As I can't afford some good NICs I can't really offer any other help other
than I couldn't get it to be stable under high load.

Matthew

--

Matthew Sackman
Nottingham

BOFH Excuse Board:
Computers under water due to SYN flooding.