List:       linux-ha
Subject:    Re: Partial success!
From:       Alan Robertson <alanr () unix ! sh>
Date:       2002-02-11 18:02:00

cwatson@InPhact.com wrote:

> Ah, that explains it.
>
> Turning on 'udp eth0' on both boxes registered a failure on the other when
> yanking the cable.  Is there a way I can make it do something when that
> event happens? I saw:
>
> info: Link rwmid02:eth0 dead.
>
> If it's not there in some form, the fact that the event registers means it
> can't be far off.

You can see those events from the client API.

The beta version has a feature called "standby" which allows you to tell
heartbeat to force the resources on the current node over onto the other
node.

The problem is, you can't easily tell which machine it is that has the
problem.  All you know is you can't communicate with the other side, but you
don't know the cause.

	-- Alan Robertson
	   alanr@unix.sh

Linux HA Web Site: