List:       linux-ha
Subject:    Re: HA for databases...
From:       Nicolas Bouthors <nbouthors () ghs ! fr>
Date:       2001-09-20 7:28:24

Le Jeudi 20 Septembre 2001 07:23, Alan Robertson a écrit :
> > I receive the mission to put together a 2-node HA linux cluster running
> > Interbase server.

Well same thing for me here. Only with postfix.

> For database failover you need two things:
> 	1) some kind of replication or shared storage
> 	2) a resource script for starting/stopping, etc your database.
> The second part is easy to accomplish.  The first part is easy if you spend
> money on shared storage.

Well, here there will be very little money dedicated to the storage. I said
"we use RAID" and the CTO said "no, coda between the two db nodes" did
anybody try this before ? What do I have to worry about ?

	Nico

Linux HA Web Site:
  http://linux-ha.org/
Linux HA HOWTO: