List:       linux-gcc
Subject:    Shared libraries
From:       Jeff Parker <JEFFREY.H.PARKER () saic ! com>
Date:       2000-06-15 16:14:05

I'm new to creating  and using shared libraries in LINUX.  When I use
static libraries while building an application, everything works fine
but going to shared libaries , I get many 'undefined references' to
calls in other libraries that my program never needs.  Is there a switch
for gcc that stops trying to resolve the dependencies when they aren't
needed?

If any one has some example makefiles for shared libaries and/or
applications using shared libraries, I'd appreciate a look.

Thanks,

Jeff Parker