On Sun, 28 Apr 2024 at 11:19, Al Viro wrote: > > FWIW, pretty much the same can be done with zram - open with O_EXCL and to > hell with reopening. Guys, are there any objections to that? Please do. The fewer of these strange "re-open block device" things we have, the better. I particularly dislike our "holder" logic, and this re-opening is one source of nasty confusion, and if we could replace them all with just the "O_EXCL uses the file itself as the holder", that would be absolutely _lovely_. Linus