List:       linux-fsdevel
Subject:    namei.c
From:       kewlemer <kewlemer () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-04-29 9:09:55

I know that this group is for serious file system development
discussion and I am hoping anyone of you will spare a few minutes to
answer my trivial question.

I am a grad student trying to port a ext3 COW utility from 2.4 to 2.6.
One of the major changes I see in the 2.6 ext3 is the use of dx_
functions. Looking the source code, I understand that some kind of
hashing is being done in these functions. It would be great if anyone
can tell me whats is the basic idea behind these dx_ functions.
General pointers on changes to ext3 in 2.6 will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!
KM
-