List:       linux-fsdevel
Subject:    byte range lock test cases for Linux
From:       Steve French <smfltc () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2003-12-09 16:27:28

Recently I have been using the lock tests from the connectathon "nfs"
(posix file api) test suite to work through some locking bugs in the
cifs vfs, and now that the version of fs/cifs/file.c and
fs/cifs/cifssmb.c in the development tree
(http://cifs.bkbits.net/linux-2.5cifs) is getting closer to correct (it
still partially fails subtest 7 but passes most of the rest except for
one that exposes SMB/CIFS/Windows vs. POSIX semantic differences for
locks), I wanted to see if there were other decent Linux tests for byte
range locking.   Does anyone have recommendations on byte range locking
API tests for Linux (other than the well known connectathon "nfs"
tests)?

-