List:       linux-fsdevel
Subject:    FiST & unionfs
From:       <vmendez () inf ! uc3m ! es>
Date:       2003-02-06 12:27:56

Hello everybody,

let me introduce myself, I'm new on this mailing list and I am involved
in a parallel file system based on NFS development, calls eXpand:
http://arcos.inf.uc3m.es/~xpn/
in the framework of my MD research at the "Universidad Carlos III de
Madrid", Spain.

My target is to get the eXpand client library into the kernel, mainly to
increase performances reagarding with the kernell proccess runtime.
Due to the lack of portabilty issues I have been studing FiST for
stacking the eXpand, and I am interested in the prototype unionfs for
linux. Erez told me that the unionfs wasn't stable enoug to release,
anyway I would like to know full sintax and semantic of fan-out with
FiST, and I don't mind to much if after I have to work with the fist
compile code in C.

¿My anyone help me in someway?

Many thanks.
Regards.