List:       linux-firewire
Subject:    Re: [Linux1394] GPL'd DV codec now available
From:       Erik Walthinsen <omega () cse ! ogi ! edu>
Date:       2000-04-19 20:39:21

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, Matt Pujol wrote:

> Is this a Coder/Decoder, or just a Decoder???

Currently the only functional piece is the decoder, but there are a lot of
pieces for the encoder (a product of debugging certain parts of the
decoder into submission...).  While not an immediate priority for us, I'm
certainly keeping encoding in mind when making changes, and welcome help
from anyone who wants to work on that half.

         Erik Walthinsen <omega@cse.ogi.edu> - Staff Programmer @ OGI
        Quasar project - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/DISC/projects/quasar/
   Video4Linux Two drivers and stuff - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~omega/v4l2/
        __
       /  \             SEUL: Simple End-User Linux - http://www.seul.org/
      |    | M E G A           Helping Linux become THE choice
      _\  /_                          for the home or office user