List:       linux-fbdev-users
Subject:    [Linux-fbdev-users] strange problems
From:       someguy () fmguy ! com
Date:       2007-03-27 0:42:38

Hi,

I am developing a framebuffer driver (ARM Linux).  I have the some
doubts regarding the values to be filled in var and fix screeninfo.

static struct fb_fix_screeninfo sssfb_fix __initdata = {
	.id		= "sss",
	.smem_len	= 1024*1024,
	.type		= FB_TYPE_PACKED_PIXELS,
	.visual		= FB_VISUAL_TRUECOLOR,
	.line_length	= 1024*2,
	.accel		= FB_ACCEL_NONE,
};

static struct fb_var_screeninfo sssfb_var __initdata = {
	.xres		= 1024,
	.yres		= 512,
	.xres_virtual	= 1024,
	.yres_virtual	= 512,
	.bits_per_pixel	= 16,
    	.red		= {6, 5, 0},
	.green		= {11, 5, 0},
	.blue		= {0, 6, 0},
	.activate	= FB_ACTIVATE_NOW,
	.height		= 640,
	.width		= 480,
	.vmode		= FB_VMODE_NONINTERLACED,
};

Are the values correct?  I am getting the linux boot up screen (with the
penguin), but it appears in 3 columns (same output) - although i figured
that pixels of a line were distributed (offset?) in 3 columns in the
same line giving the output.

Please tell me whether the above values are correct and when does
setcolreg() function come into picture

Regards
Har
--