List:       linux-fbdev-users
Subject:    Re: [Linux-fbdev-users] problems configuring 1280x720 w radeon
From:       Torgeir Veimo <torgeir () pobox ! com>
Date:       2004-07-08 11:34:30

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 20:01 +0100, Torgeir Veimo wrote:
> I am trying to configure a 1280x720 resolution at 50Hz with a radeon
> 9100 QM card.

Not much activity on this list?

> I have set up a mode in fb.modes that works if I set it with fbset after
> boot, but then the "usable" text area doesn't span the entire
> resolution, only about half the width and twothird the height, and
> positioned to the upper left.

I fixed this by actually editing the macmodes.h file and including the
timing for this particular mode and setting it as the default mode at
boot time, but the timing seems a bit off. I only get correct timing if
I run a fbset "1280x720-50" command after a boot.

Are there any assumptions the radeonfb code does wrt to timings that
I've missed? And why does the radeonfb driver use it's own mac specific
timings? Is the old radeonfb driver better in this respect?

--
Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com>