List:       linux-fbdev-users
Subject:    [Linux-fbdev-users] Problem of fading of Linux logo in portrait mode
From:       "Aradhana Prasad" <aradhana () wipro ! co ! in>
Date:       2002-09-26 12:37:02

Hallo,

I have a SA1110 based board with linux-2.5.6-rmk1 running on it. On this board I am \
trying to make an ALPS monochrome LCD work, whose resolution is 240X320 and has 4Bpp.

The problem:
If I configure the LCD for 320X240 mode, I get two screens, the first one being of \
length 240 pixels and the next one being 120 pixels and two logos along with 2 \
cursors blinking, with a good contrast. Since the LCD is portrait type i.e 240X320, \
so when I make the changes to drivers/video/sa1100fb.c for this resolution, the \
penguin logo comes alongwith the cursor but within 5-10 seconds the logo fades away \
and the cursor becomes invisible.

I have struggled a lot to find the reason behind it and am stuck up on this for a \
number of weeks on this. I get the timing calculations for 320X240 only @ 70Hz but \
not for 240X320 @ 70Hz.

Can somebody please give me pointers as to what I should look into.

Thanks and Regards....Aradhana

DISCLAIMER:
Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Wipro Limited \
and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, \
and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from \
disclosure under applicable law. If this is a forwarded message, the content of this \
E-MAIL may not have been sent with the authority of the Company. If you are not the \
intended recipient, an agent of the intended recipient or a  person responsible for \
delivering the information to the named recipient,  you are notified that any use, \
distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this information in \
any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you have received this \
communication in error, please delete this mail & notify us immediately at \
mailadmin@wipro.co.in