List:       linux-fbdev-devel
Subject:    [Linux-fbdev-devel] 6x11 font patch
From:       David Lazar <david () panzer ! utcluj ! ro>
Date:       2004-10-31 15:53:52

Hi,

I've tried to use the 6x11 (mac console) font on the framebuffer console
(on the x86 architecture), and I've noticed that the font didn't have
the correct box drawing glyphs. As a result I've used as a model the
8x16 font and edited the glyphs for all 256 US ASCII characters, so that
they display correctly.

Is anyone interested in including this patch in the stock kernel?

I'm not attaching the patch since it's rather long (3200+ lines), so
instead I've put it online on my website:

http://www.c7obs.net/~david/stuff/font_6x11.patch

Also, at the address http://www.c7obs.net/~david/stuff/ you can see 2
screenshots illustrating my changes.

I should mention that I haven't tested the new font on the mac console
since I do not own a mac.

Thank you for your time, and please let me know if you want anything
changed in the patch.

Cheers!
-=[david]=-

P.S. The patch was created against the 2.6.9 kernel.